Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm Back




The past two months have gone by in a flash. One of those months -- from mid-September to mid-October -- didn't include painting. How frustrating. Too many nights working on the job--too many other intrusions and a good sized dose of loss of nerve. What am I thinking starting over in a new medium? My flesh tones look like raw meat--or very bad makeup. Then things seemed to smooth out. Don't think about how long it's taking to produce an 18" X 24" painting. Don't think about the fact that there was a time when I could produce a 48" X 72" piece in the same amount of time. Of course I was painting 3 full days per week. Now I can only work at night and on the weekends. Sometimes I have to do other things--like get a haircut or clean my house.

Progress Thomas is nearly done. In fact, it's complete enough to photograph and risk entering into a juried show at the Monmouth Museum. Still having troubles with parallax--still not used to the digital camera.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen! I've been having a couple of months like that myself. But your tempera painting looks great. I think your distinctive style is totally suited to it. But I haven't done a tempera painting now for a few years myself because of the time factor. I think I must be the slowest et painter of all time. Maybe I can get back to it in 2010...

    ReplyDelete