Friday, August 14, 2009

A Perfect Day

Today was a perfect day--brought my car into the shop in town early and then walked back home over the two bridges to get my exercise in before the heat of the day. I saw a great blue heron and an egret. When I got home, I got down to painting. Set up my new palette made of a sheet of clear glass which I spray-painted white on one side and then taped it to a thick piece of foam core--much easier to make pigment pastes and then temper the paints. Also easier to keep them from drying out.

The faces in Progress Thomas are beginning to take shape. I managed to start modeling some of the garments, too. How much easier it is to work when you have the right setup--and how much less paint is wasted.

Finished up at 5 PM with another walk into town to pick up my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment